Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween silhouette cake

My latest cake was one for a Halloween party. 
I wanted a elegant Halloween look so I decided to make it a simple black and white cake. 

The top cake is a 6" and the bottom is 8". 
Of course the flavor was Pumpkin Spice with Cream Cheese frosting. 

The scene was created by hand painting the fondant with black food coloring. 
I created the scene with traditional Halloween items: witch flying on a broom, pumpkin patch, graveyard, scarecrow, haunted house, moon and stars and spiderwebs. 

Hope you enjoy your Halloween this year! 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome cake! I can't believe that is all hand painted. Also, you need to do a post on your regular blog or something because I kept looking for areasonforcake.blogspot.com, which is now wrong I see. So, you should let people know that it's now just reasonforcake.blogspot.com. I know mom was looking for it the other day and couldn't find it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I didn't find it until today. Thanks for telling me, y'all! I've now read all the posts and I think all the cakes are fantastic! I'm formally placing my order for a cake for Dad this year. He's been left out!

    ReplyDelete