Monday, January 14, 2013

Family Event

I was able to make another cake this month, one for my mother in law.  She has many things she likes to do, read, cook, traveling, but her favorite thing by far is to be with her children.   She loves having them all together at dinners and reunions, and really they are her pride and joy.  When deciding on what "theme" to work with for her birthday it took all of a few minutes...her family!  


I started with making a little figure of herself.  
It always make people happy to see themselves in some edible format.  



"Love Always" is her theme.  She signs every card or email with it, and is always living by the theme by loving everyone truly unconditionally.  So I wanted to incorporate that with her family, since she often speaks of this life lesson to her children.  


She has 8 children, including spouses and grandchildren there is a total of 29 family members.  This cake wins the prize of most figures, and therefore, most hours it took to make.  There are a total of 30 people on this cake.  I make them in the stick man form, using those little car stickers you see as my inspiration.  


Those living in California have a beach in their background, while those in Utah have the mountains in the back.  The background was airbrushed.  Personalities of the figures were also added such as; army clothes for our solider, hiking for her husband the backpacker, a camera around the neck of her daughter the photographer, etc.  


She loved the cake, and everyone at the party enjoyed finding themselves on it.  
The cake was white almond, with a raspberry filling and vanilla frosting.  One of my favorite flavors!


5 comments:

  1. OMG! This is one of my favorites, so CUTE! I love all the little personalized people, with their little cute faces and hair and everything..such a fun idea. How did you get their eyes so perfect? Do you have a cake airbrushing kit? Where are you storing all your cake supplies? Looks ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness this is the BEST and the cutest cake I have ever seen. Oh I love it so much!!!! Gen you are so so so so talented. Did you take any more pictures of the other sides of the cake with the other people?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tamara- your mom took about a dozen photos of the cake, getting each figure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get over your stick figure cuteness! You seriously amaze me woman!

    ReplyDelete