Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Army Cake

This cake is for an eight year old boy who loves the army, camouflage and guns.  
I thought I would go away from the usual 8" round cake and make the cake the shape of an army helmet.  


I also made a  Colt 1911A1, which is a standard army handgun. 
Thank you google images for info on that one.   

Dog tags were a fun way to tie in the birthday boy's name.  


I also wanted to tie in his age.  I really like putting either the year or the age on every cake, so in 15 years they can tell from the photos which year they had received the cake.  


On the side of the helmet I added some bullets tucked into the helmet belt.  You can't make an army cake for a boy without bullets, and of course a grenade.  All the elements of this cake were made out of fondant.  


Happy Birthday!!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I'm glad you had practice making a gun cake so you can be ready for Scott's birthday...that Camo looks super good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these cakes look so intricate. They look like they would take hours and hours to make--not to mention all the thinking and planning. You are so creative and skilled and incredibly talented!!

    ReplyDelete