Monday, May 27, 2013

On the Beach with my horse

I have a niece how loves horses, she has been riding since she was four, and her horse is her best friend.  Her birthday came up and she asked to have a cake with her horse on it, but she also wanted to have a beach cake, since she also loves the beach.  

Knowing this girl had a sense of humor, 
I came up with this literal image of her and her horse hanging out on the beach .  


The beach tier of the cake is styrofoam, the bottom ocean is two layers of 8" cake. 


 Emmalee loves to bogey board at the beach, 
and on the yellow one is where I added the year, 2013 


This was my first time doing the ruffled fondant edge. It didn't take as long as I thought, and was pretty easy to do, although it did use a lot of fondant.   


I added edible sand as a border and on top of the beach tier as well, I was so happy to achieve a realistic "sand" look.  
 
This is her horse, chilling at the beach, eating some chips.  

She is content next to him with a book.  I made the beach chairs out of gumpaste and let them harden several days before I made the figures.  

Chillin' with friends

Happy Birthday Emmalee!



3 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! And SO CUTE!! You have the most creative ideas and I love how you incorporate dates and ages and special things that make it so special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I LOVE the horse...so funny! Cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cake is awesome!!!! And it looks so pretty too. I absolutely love the ruffles and the colors. Looks like a nice beach to me!

    ReplyDelete