Monday, June 17, 2013

Box of 'Arnie' Donuts

My son is in love with donuts.  He received a book about Arnie, a small donut who isn't really excited about getting eaten.  It is his favorite, so for his birthday I thought I would make him a cake that looks like a box of donut characters.  


The book is like a comic book in that the donuts say silly things in bubble thoughts so I added one on the box that said "Happy Birthday"


Here is a front view.  The top is fondant/gumpaste, on top of a cardboard box.  I added little support dowels on each side, to support the top.  It was really heavy, I'm not sure how to make it lighter.  

 I made his name so that the letters look like donuts.  

Food with eyes, are so much fun to make.   

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny, very cute. I love the maple bar, he's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete